The current regional road funding formula adds pressure to farm finances. The following factors need to be taken into account in order to fix regional infrastructure.
- Farming, mining, tourism and other rural businesses need to be profitable to survive.
- Roads are fundamental to financial success.
- Federal Minister says road funding based on a “longstanding formula that takes into account, population…..”.
- It’s not hard to see how badly that will work for regional, rural and remote areas!
- MPs crowd people into big cities to preserve agricultural land to feed the city millions, gain mineral and agricultural export income and cater to tourism.
- Then because rural & regional Australia has less population, it gets less road money.
- Rural regional and remote Australians are just as entitled to decent roads as anyone.
- They support our economy!